Quality Control Specialist 1
10804 Willow Court San Diego, CA 92127
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Quality Control Specialist 1 to be part of our client’ s team in San Diego, Ca. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Quality Control Specialist 1
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for analytical testing of oligonucleotides, raw materials, and manufactured reagents.
- Performs testing on both commercial and development materials.
- This role may act as Lead for their workcell, scheduling activities, communicating with Production Planners.
- Executes experiments for troubleshooting non-conformances and/or assay technique issues.
- Participates in quality audits (QC assessments, internal, 3rd party).
- Initiates and leads document change control activities. Able to create/revise QC documents (procedures and specification documents).
- Supports the work-cell lead with test scheduling.
- Acts as a lead trainer for QC work-cell.
- Initiates clear and concise Laboratory and/or OOS investigations.
- Performs and documents investigations using standard root cause determination methods.
- Initiates clear and concise non-conformances.
- Performs and documents low severity investigations.
- Leads a QC department team or participates on cross-functional teams.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree is required.
- 4 years’ experience.
- Must have minimum 3 years practical HPLC experience.
- Has experience working with analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, Ion Chromatography, MALDI-TOF.
- Has Method Development and/or Method Validation experience.
- Occupational Demands: Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.