Quality Control Associate IV
6755 Kaiser Dr Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Quality Control Associate IV to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
QC Associate IV
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Under minimal supervision, authors and executes endotoxin sample hold time (SHT) studies and low endotoxin recovery (LER) studies.
- Prepares reports of SHT and LER studies and other reports as needed.
- Performs routine endotoxin and bioburden testing, as well as other testing in the QC Microbiology department. Ensures testing and release timelines are met.
- Generates, reviews, and/or maintains records or documents in a detailed and consistent manner.
- Bachelor’ s degree in a scientific field, preferably microbiology.
- Experience with endotoxin (limulus amebocyte lysate, LAL) testing using the kinetic chromogenic method.
- Experience with endotoxin sample hold time studies and low endotoxin recovery studies.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 25-50 pounds occasionally.
- Frequent periods of sitting, walking and standing.
- Occasionally must climb stairs or ladders, balance, bend or stoop, crouch or squat.
- Occasional low level work, fine finger dexterity/including grasping or pinching required.
- Writing and use of a computer keyboard frequently.
- Occasional use of personal protective equipment.
- Color vision and depth perception required.
- May require extended hours at a computer screen.
- Must be able to read electronic documents of all types.
- Hearing acuity required.