Quality Control Associate II
22 DNA Way, SSF05 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Quality Control Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Quality Control Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibility of this position will be to report to the Cell Culture Sr. Supervisor in charge of a laboratory that executes cell line maintenance and cell banking in support of potency, virus, and mycoplasma testing following established procedures and in compliance with cGMP’ s.
- The analyst in this position will be expected to execute other QC laboratory related activities with other team members like media preparation, growth promotion, equipment maintenance and review of QC data sheets.
- Desire and interest in working in a team environment
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.S. or greater in a Biological Science, i.e., Biology, Microbiology
- An ideal candidate will have cell maintenance experience (4-5) years, have worked in a GLP function with QC and possesses project management skills with a high level of organization.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- The candidate will be working with cell lines and on a daily basis applying aseptic technique when working in the facility, therefore, knowledge and/or direct experience of cell culture and the principles of working in a Biosafety level II environment is required.
- Computer skills related to Quality laboratory systems, inventory management systems, and cGMP working knowledge are being sought.
- The successful candidate should have the ability to work well with a team of highly motivated and experienced staff and with members from local and international departments.
- Soft skills include ability ramp up quickly, collaborative approach to completing work, motivation and eagerness to perform, as there may be an opportunity for this to convert (no guarantee)