Quality Control Analyst I
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Quality Control Analyst II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
QC Analyst II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Perform testing of routine and non-routine samples and document according to GMP Perform environmental monitoring and utilities sampling and document according to GMP
- Review data and assess against established acceptance criteria Perform technical review of peer-generated data for basic methods
- Prepare data tables and graphs Identify discrepancies, participate in quality investigations and CAPA (corrective actions preventive actions) initiatives as needed Receive and provide training
- Participate in assay transfer and assay validation as needed
- Perform equipment qualification/maintenance Prepare and maintain standards, controls, stocks, and cultures per established procedures
- Support the maintenance and compliance of operational areas Assure and apply GMP throughout operations
- Coordinate with supplier/customers to support operational activities
- Support internal and external audits
- Work to meet schedules
- Identify and support resolution of technical problems.
- Resolve sample issues as needed Actively participate in group and project teamwork, projects and process improvements
- Draft protocols and reports under supervision
- Meets scheduled performance of 95% on time (ATS)
- Perform other duties as requested by managers to support Quality activities
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.S./B.A. degree (preferably in relevant scientific discipline) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Good verbal communication skills Basic knowledge of scientific theories, principles and techniques used in analytical or biological test procedures
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, reasoning and problem solving with general guidance
- Capable of completing assigned responsibilities and keeping manager informed of status Ability to work off-shift, weekends and holidays as needed
- Position may involve use of reagents and other chemical compounds, including but not limited to acetonitrile, chlorine, acids and bases, biologic toxins, microorganisms and potent compound
- Must be physically able to perform the following tasks: Work in a laboratory environment including biosafety cabinets.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs. Sit, stand and move within workspace for extended periods