Quality Control Analyst I
46 Galli Road Novato, CA 94949
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Quality Control Analyst I to be part of our client’ s team in the North Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Quality Control Analyst I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The QC In-Process (QCIP) Analyst is responsible for performing microbiological and analytical test methods on in-process intermediates and varying stages of drug products, under minimal supervision and within cGMP guidelines, to support further manufacturing of commercial and clinical therapeutics.
- This role will involve knowledge that includes but is not limited to the following analyses and concepts: Protein determination by BCA, Bradford, and UV Absorbance, Enzyme activity, Endotoxin detection, Bioburden quantification, HPLC, Total Organic Carbon, microbial identification and challenge studies, aseptic techniques, and method validation.
- Functional activities may include: performing a wide variety of microbiological and/or analytical assays, maintaining test sample throughput, monitoring lab supplies, preparing reagents, contributing to process and method validation studies, supporting investigations and equipment validation, and brainstorm further development or improvement ideas for procedures.
- Work assignments will vary by degree of complexity. Employee is expected to follow SOPs, make appropriate decisions in daily activities with minimal needs for intervention, and be able to recognize deviations from routine practices. Incumbent must accurately complete tasks on time to achieve lab goals, meanwhile limiting GMP / procedural errors, and be capable of accepting and incorporating feedback. Must also demonstrate the ability to both manage time and prioritize routine work effectively.
- Employee must be able to interpret results against defined criteria, begin to apply critical thinking to routine work. He/she should demonstrate an ability to evaluate results against trend reports, serve some degree of troubleshooting and capacity as trainer, and embrace an active role in following up on atypical results or issues.
- Communication of relevant information must be made to appropriate audiences, and attendance of necessary team meetings with some participation in discussions is essential. Employee should also be actively engaged in his/her role, exhibit frequent volunteerism as the work schedule flow permits, and maintain a positive attitude.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree.
- 0-3 years of relevant laboratory experience; QC specific experience is preferred.
- Experience with quality management systems, current Good Manufacturing Practices, and QC principles.