1035 O'Brien Drive
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16194
Quality Control, Associate I
Menlo Park, CA
Associate I, Quality Control
Our Quality Control team is looking to bring on-board an Associate I. This individual will support the Quality Control team through development and performance Quality Control (QC) systems, policies, processes, procedures and controls as they relate to the analytical testing of clinical materials.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule QC laboratory maintenance and calibration activities.
- Perform regular laboratory and equipment cleaning and maintenance according to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Order, receive, and stock laboratory supplies and reagents.
- Maintain inventory records of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Receive samples submitted to QC by other departments.
- Identify deviations and participate in the investigation of out of tolerance, unexpected or failed results under supervision.
- May assist in other tasks as needed, such as receipt of sample shipments, review of QC logs, and lab audits.
Position Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s degree (BS) in a scientific discipline with a minimum 0-2 years of experience in an analytical, cGMP, or healthcare laboratory.
- A background in quality control or molecular biology is desired.
- Proficient in general and non-routine laboratory skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Must be able to understand and consistently follow GxP requirements and Quality Systems standard operating procedures.
- May require knowledge of GLP and/or GMP standards, and the ability to apply compliance principles to Adverum’ s laboratory practices.
- Light to moderate lifting is required, such as moving small equipment, receiving shipments.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate initiative and accountability, prioritize tasks, manage time, and provide status updates to management.
- Able to make decisions, follow directions, interact well with co-workers, and understand and follow posted work rules/procedures.
- Excellent computer skills, especially using Excel and Word