Quality Associate I
22 DNA Way, SSF05 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Quality Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Quality Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The job responsibilities within the ADQC--Biological Technologies department are to provide for general support of the activities in GMP testing laboratories.
- This includes, but is not limited to, equipment maintenance and verification; routine “ sweeps” of the lab to ensure compliance with cGMP, GLP and safety regulations; ordering, stocking and maintaining supply levels in the laboratories; maintenance of human cell culture lines and a potential to learn and participate testing or development biochemical/immunological/biophysical and cell-based assays in support of process development, clinical and to-be-marketed products.
- The candidate will support a dynamic fast group that works assay development, product characterization, stability, and lot release testing with established procedures in a cGMP environment.
- Expectations include use of various Process Explorer, SoftMax Pro, LabWare LIMS maintenance of labs via Lean tools such as 5S and Environmental, Health, and Safety practices, routine lab maintenance, and project support/equipment qualification/computer systems/document management as needed.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Requirements: B.S. in Biological Sciences or related field.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in Quality Control, preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team, demonstrate initiative, strong attention to detail, with effective verbal and written communication skills for a fast paced environment is a must.
- Must also be dependable and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with basic laboratory equipment is preferred.
- Hands on experience with human cell line maintenance is a plus.
- Good computer skills are required, and experience working with Google Applications, LabWare LIMS, ELN, ConDor, and Trackwise is recommended.