QC Technician I
22 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a QC Technician I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
QC Technician I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Mitigate QC training documentation gaps for existing and new personnel.
- Maintain a state of inspection readiness.
- Provide input in the development of personal performance goals and departmental objectives.
- Prioritize tasks assigned by management within a fast paced environment.
- Meet assigned targets and timelines with minimal supervision.
- Provide assistance to internal customers in support of departmental functions.
- Provide input to ensure continuous improvement of procedures, processes and systems.
- Work with peers both cross-functionally and cross-site to maintain operational consistency that is in compliance with regulatory standards and company policies.
- Ability to apply basic theory and technical principles to address routine problems.
- Identify and communicate system inefficiencies.
- Sign documents for activities as authorized and described by company policies, procedures and job descriptions.
- Be accountable for behaviors as described in company’ s Core, Common, and Critical Competencies.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by Management to support Quality oversight activities.
Summary of Qualifications:
- High School diploma and a minimum of 7 years of experience in a related industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of cGMP principles, regulatory guidelines, and industry standards
- Willing to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated strengths in communication and organization.
- Ability to make decisions within established policies and procedures.
- Ability to work accurately and adhere to schedules and timelines while handling multiple priorities.
- Project management/coordination and technical writing experience recommended.
- Lab experience is a plus.