QC Lab Technician
300 Bel Marin Keys Blvd. Novato, CA 94949
Bayside Solutions is seeking a QC Lab Technician to be part of our client’ s team in Marin County. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
QC Lab Technician:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Preparation of reagents for biochemical/physical/chemical analyses of test samples under cGMP to meet specified timelines.
- Can work independently on reagent preparation that he/she has mastered in a safe and compliant manner.
- Responsible for washing and stocking laboratory glassware used for analytical assays.
- Maintains laboratory supply inventories and receives chemical/materials into the laboratory.
- Maintains the laboratory in an inspection-ready state.
- Ensures reagents in the laboratory are within expiry.
- Provides support for routine laboratory functions/chores for the QC laboratory such as monitoring temperature charts, cleaning water baths and/or laboratory refrigerators/freezers/storage cabinets, where reagents are held.
- Assists in the the revision of written procedures as assigned regarding reagents and/or reagent management.
- Compilation and archival of data.
- Develops familiarity concerning cGMP, 21CFR, USP, EP, and ICH regulatory requirements.
- May interact with other departments, including but not limited to Manufacturing, Microbiology, Analytical Chemistry, Formulation, and Process Development.
- Associate Degree (strongly preferred) of should be working towards a degree.
- One year of laboratory experience is desired.
- At least one year in a cGMP/GLP laboratory; quality control experience is preferred.
- Ability to follow written instructions and to perform tasks with direct or minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with use of a computer; e.g. proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good written, verbal, and communication skills.
- Good documentation skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, is motivated, organized.