QC Lab Technician
105 Digital Drive Novato, CA 94949 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a QC Lab Technician to be part of our Client’ s team in Marin County. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biopharmaceutical company focusing on the developing and commercializing novel therapies for rare diseases.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. Their company has been recognized as one of the fastest drug developers in the industry and has also been recognized among the Top 10 World’ s Most Innovative Company’ s in 2015 & 2016.Their organization is fueled by their employee’ s passion and dedication to change the course of disease.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
QC Lab Technician
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Timely facilitation of incoming sample receipt and accessioning flow, decipher batch assignments across all assay types in accordance SOPs.
- Perform and collaborate with co-workers to appropriately share general housekeeping activity assignments.
- Ensure systems for laboratory maintenance are adequate for creating a consistent state of inspection readiness.
- Provides support for routine laboratory functions/chores such as, but not limited to:
- Assist in test record generation, management, and archiving.
- Assist with monitoring and the control of laboratory supply and critical reagent inventories.
- Washing and stocking of laboratory glassware.
- Monitoring of temperature charts.
- Cleaning of water baths, refrigerators, and freezers.
- Exhibit proactive communication upon occurrence of compliance risks and deviations from laboratory procedures.
- Attend team huddles and department meetings, generate ideas for laboratory infrastructure improvements.
- May interact with other departments including, but not limited to, Manufacturing, Validation, Product Development, and Analytical Chemistry.
- Perform other responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Associate in Science degree or high school diploma with 2 years general work experience.
- 0-2 years of relevant laboratory experience; QC specific experience is preferred.
- Familiar with quality management systems, current Good Manufacturing Practices, and QC principles.
- Demonstrated working knowledge with respect to trained functional activities.
- Good documentation, written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Must possess the ability to perform most tasks under supervision.
- Computer literacy is required, proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is essential, experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Access, or Visio is desired.
- Must have a quality service attitude and focus.
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to work additional hours, and weekends when needed, to meet production or laboratory process requirements.