QC Associate I
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a QC Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
QC Associate I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Perform viable and non-viable environmental monitoring and utility water sampling of GMP areas.
- Identify discrepancies and escalate as appropriate.
- Perform equipment maintenance and laboratory housekeeping activities to support the compliance of operational areas.
- Assure strict adherence to cGMPs throughout operation.
- Ensure training qualifications are up to date.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS degree in Microbiology or related field.
- Minimum 0 to 2 years of microbiological pharmaceutical experience.
- Experience in a cGMP environment preferred but not required.
- Experience with environmental monitoring and utility sampling preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, written and verbally.
- Solid grasp of scientific theories, principles and techniques used in microbiological or analytical test procedures.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, reasoning and problem solving.
- Sound knowledge of cGMPs and regulations.
- Ability to work overtime, off-shift, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Experience using computer software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be physically able to perform the following tasks: Work in a laboratory environment including in biosafety cabinets.
- Must be physically able to work within a pharmaceutical environment where aseptic gowning is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs, climb ladders and stairwells, sit, stand and move within work space for extended periods.