QA Analyst I
22 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a QA Analyst I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
QA Analyst I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- QC Analyst position in the SSF QC Adventitious Agents Testing group.
- The primary focus of the position is to support general lab operations; secondarily is the testing of in-process samples for the presence of adventitious agents (i.e., virus, Leptospira and mycoplasma contamination) using growth-, cell culture- and PCR based methods.
- In this role, you will support a global customer base of the entire client CHO DS network, including client sites and CMOs, for both commercial and clinical products.
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.A. or B.S. degree (preferably in Life Science), experience in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry a plus.
- Support general GMP lab operations including equipment maintenance, restocking and preparing reagents per established procedures.
- Coordinate with suppliers and customers to support cross-functional operational activities.
- Work to meet schedules.
- Strictly adhere to procedures (SOPs) and safety requirements
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both in writing and verbally
- Flexibility in problem-solving and work hours to meet business objectives
- Understanding of growth media-, cell culture- and PCR-based assays. Hands-on experience a plus
- Experience in QC testing and mammalian cell culture preferred.