6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Project Manager to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide project management services on capital projects
including feasibility studies, preparation of Investment Applications to secure funding, design development, construct document preparation, A/E, CM and General Contractor evaluation and selection, bids solicitation and review, contract administration, overall construction management, commissioning, validation and startup.
- Develop, review and establish Basis of Design criteria with user department and operating management.
- Provide coordination of outside design firms during preliminary and detailed project planning activities.
- Perform value engineering analysis and comparisons for conformance to Basis of Design criteria and industry accepted engineering standards.
- Develop project budgets and schedules, review engineering drawings.
- Provide technical support to operating units, as requested.
- Inspect construction in-progress, track costs for budget conformance, approve progress payment and change orders, monitor schedule and
contract document conformance.
- Provide project report on a monthly and quarterly basis documenting status of aforementioned activities.
- Define scope and implement project feasibility studies.
- Ensure proper closeout of project including all project documentation, financial aspects, lien releases, and facility engineering
- As assigned manage/direct long range master planning for all or part of the site and/or facilities.
- As assigned manage or direct operational, administrative, maintenance or other related programs and tasks.
- An example of an operational program is responsibility for managing the insurance requirements and fire
- Oversee contractors.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Architecture required.
- Minimum of 6 to 10 year’ s experience preferred in project management in a pharmaceutical or related industry.
- A specific engineering area may be required to fulfill the requirement of and incumbent’ s specific responsibility, for example a Chemical Engineering degree and related experience may be needed for the management of projects within the Pilot Plant.
- Proficiency in use of office software applications and MS Projects.
- Effective verbal and writing communication with all levels of corporate and local management.
- Ability to plan, schedule, organize, prioritize and coordinate project activities.
- Understand and practice basic financial and accounting methods and procedures. Have very good customer service skills.