5525 NW Fisher Creek Drive Camas, WA 98607
Client Industry: Financial Services
Location: Greater Portland Area
Position: IT Project Manager (Infrastructure)
Terms: Contract to Hire
Interview process: Phone interview; onsite interview
The IT Project Manager (Infrastructure) independently manages a full range of projects, including the larger and more complex corporate or departmental projects and implementations. They organize, plan and execute projects, ensure adherence to deadlines, manage budgets, help define the project’ s objectives and oversee quality control. Responsibilities also include coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver infrastructure projects according to plan.
As a growing firm, our client has several initiatives that will need an Infrastructure Project Manager’ s expertise on. Since the Infrastructure team is involved in anything from new platforms, technologies, upgrading data centers and new locations, a huge part of this role will require prioritization and communication around what’ s time sensitive, what can wait and what isn’ t a priority right now. At the same time, building relationships with stakeholders and colleagues will be imperative to your success.
- 4+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure & Operations Projects
- Bachelor’ s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, or other science field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience with medium to large projects involving IT Infrastructure technologies such as network, telecom, systems engineering, data center, and storage in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies and experience managing projects in both
- Working knowledge of MS Office, JIRA, MS Project, and/or Project Portfolio Management tools
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management, project team members, internal clients, and consultants
- Strong ability to influence and persuade at all levels of the organization