Project Manager IV
1000 New Horizons Way Vacaville, CA 95688
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Project Manager IV to be part of our client’ s team in Vacaville. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Provide project management for implementation of assigned project(s). Project(s) to be assigned are medium to high in complexity and/or cross-functional in nature. Optimize team effectiveness, decision making and reporting.
- Implement project controls and information management systems, maintaining easily accessible and understood project documents in approved formats.
- Partner with internal clients such as MSAT, Facility Services, Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing for project execution.
- Build and drive effective teams through stakeholder identification, clear team member roles and responsibilities, clear work scope, technical acceptance criteria, and schedules.
- Plan, coordinate, facilitate, and document project team meetings including agendas, attendance, minutes, decisions, and action logs.
- Develop and implement effective communication plans. Drive information flow to stakeholders through regular reporting and communication.
- Develop and maintain required documentation through all project phases in approved formats and in accordance with existing information management systems.
- Develop and implement metrics for project execution.
- Create and drive timelines to keep projects on schedule. Identify significant activities, resources, and milestones. Analyze critical path, identify potential risks, and facilitate resolution. Deliver projects on schedule.
- Develop project budgets and drive adherence to project cost projections. Report on variances and facilitate resolution. Deliver projects on approved budget.
- Interface with client Purchasing. Align to client purchasing goals.
- Ensure project compliance with client policies, standards, and best practices.
- Drive project execution, documentation, and information management.
- As assigned, manage all elements for the construction phase including bid reviews, contract negotiation and management, purchase order processing and tracking, contractor on-boarding, construction supervision, change order negotiation and tracking, build review and punch-list management, turnover package review, and construction phase closure.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS in Engineering, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, or other relevant technical field from an accredited university.
- Graduate work and/or additional management training and certifications are preferred (MS, PE, MBA, PMP, etc.) A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience as a practicing professional engineer, scientist, project manager, or equivalent in a biotech or pharmaceutical plant.
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor' s Degree Certifications & Licenses: PMP
- Proven ability to drive projects to completion against budget and schedule constraints.
- Skilled in project management methods, tools, and reporting.
- Effectively manages all elements for the construction phase of projects, including bid reviews, contract negotiation and management, purchase order processing and tracking, contractor on-boarding, construction supervision, change order negotiation and tracking, build review and punch-list management, turnover package review, and construction phase closure.
- Proficient in facilitation, conflict management, decision making, and teamwork.
- Ability to aggregate and report financial and resource capacity information; and to summarize project metrics to drive project execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must clearly communicate complex ideas to varied audiences that include engineers, scientists, technicians, and executives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Powerpoint. Visio is a plus.
- Preferred areas of knowledge include biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical process and facility design, general knowledge of applicable building codes and related regulations, and FDA and EMA cGMP requirements.
- Self starter, working with minimal supervision. Effectively manages multiple projects. Must be able to build and direct highly functioning project teams from diverse stakeholder groups.