Project Manager IV
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Project Manager IV to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Project Manager IV
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Lead projects in partnership with the technical and business/scientific leads, vendors, business partners, and other cross-functional IT partners to achieve project goals while managing project scope, timeline, and costs.
- Provide guidance and education to project teams, department staff, partners, customers and other stakeholders regarding roles & responsibilities, project expectations, communication protocols and other project relevant topics by establishing & implementing an appropriate communication plan.
- Supervise contract project managers/coordinators as needed based on department project demands.
- Provide strategic guidance to department leadership on the overall department IT project portfolio.
- Lead project definition and identification of goals & potential project obstacles.
- Lead/guide change management strategies in support of effective user adoption of new software releases.
- Manage project scope by facilitating formulation of the scope and objectives of the projects in collaboration with solution/product owners.
- Drive the creation of baseline project schedules and will track the completion of project deliverables, tasks, activities & milestones by providing timely and fit for purpose status reports.
- Coordinate with other projects and departments that impact or are impacted by your projects.
- Actively manage risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies (RAID) by carefully assessing potential impacts in collaboration with the respective project teams and proposing appropriate mitigation actions.
- Organize and supervise the appropriate involvement of project resources and actively manage and address the resolution of conflicts within the project team.
- Track project level issues and escalate issues to the proper level of management as necessary.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s degree or higher. You have 8+ years of experience in software project management.
- Significant experience managing & delivering large, complex IT projects, preferably in the healthcare or pharma industries.
- Proven skills, preferably as a PMP, PRINCE2 or IPMA-certified professional.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills to coordinate activities across the project team ensuring that dependencies are identified and gaps are addressed.
- Ability to work at a detailed level to make sure there is alignment between the tasks and the overall objectives.
- Experience working in a multinational environment and have successfully orchestrated a globally distributed team of functional leads, partners, vendors and business stakeholders to deliver on time, quality and budget throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ability to assess your projects in the broader context of the organization, and advise business leadership of the need to manage change appropriately to ensure the delivery of the benefits that justified the project’ s initiation.
- Inspire & influence your peers and can delegate responsibility where appropriate.
- Can communicate effectively with and manager the expectations of senior management-level stakeholders.
- Has managed projects with IT professionals, preferably following an agile development and delivery methodology.