Project Manager III
500 Forbes Blvd., SSF56 Vacaville, CA 95688
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Project Manager III to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Project Manager III
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Maintains full understanding of program milestones for the Core, Lifecycle, Technical Development and associated teams and links them to the Device Team plan
- Effectively applies PM best practices and utilizes tools for planning, communication, team building, collaboration, decision-making, issue & risk management, lessons learned, knowledge management and budget tracking
- Project Planning and Execution
- Project Issue and Risk Management
- Collaboration and Team Building
- Communication, internally and externally
- Meeting Management
- Budget and Resource Planning
- Knowledge Management: Manages Team uncontrolled document repository (e.g. Project History File)
- Governance: Supports Team Leader with technical advisory and governance committee reviews at pre-defined check-in points and/or identifies appropriate check-in points
- Continuous Improvement Initiatives:
- Effectively applies Quality System and PQS requirements for team activities and deliverables
- Facilitates planning and maintains the Design and Development Plan (DDP) with Team input
- Oversees Design Review planning, execution and closure of actions and completes DHF records
- Effectively utilizes e-document system to maintain Design History File in compliance with PQS requirements
- Supports internal and health authority audits as required
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.S. or B.A degree, preferably in Engineering, or the equivalent.
- At least 8-11 years’ experience with at least 5 years’ relevant industry experience, preferably a multi-site global company in the medical device, pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical, after receiving bachelor’ s degree
- Drug and/or Medical Device development & commercialization experience preferably with Combination Products
- Project Management best practices: communication, scheduling, budget & resource planning, team building and risk management
- PMP certification considered an asset
- Solid knowledge and understanding of 21CFR820.30 design control requirements
- Software tools: Microsoft Office (Project & Excel), Google, WebEx, Visio, Planisware
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to manage complex projects with multiple priorities in a fast-paced, ever-changing, team-based environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (listening, negotiation, presentation, organizational and relationship-building) required
- Ability to effectively communicate in a highly matrixed organization and with external parties