Project Manager III
340 Pt. San Bruno Blvd., SSF14 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Project Manager III to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Project Manager III
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Seeking a highly motivated and collaborative Project Manager to join our Translational Genomics group and help drive the increased use of functional genomic approaches across the Research organization. The client’ s Translational Genomics efforts span the interface of human genetics, functional genomics, molecular biology, disease model engineering, and advanced computational methodology.
- This group works closely with our disease area scientists to identify new therapeutic hypotheses and advance transformative medicines.
- Manage a collaborative translational genomics project that includes diverse scientific and informatics stakeholders across research and collaborators.
- Effectively communicate with diverse stakeholders in a complex drug discovery and development environment
- Manage multiple working groups across informatics and functional genomics
- Deliver project goals on budget and on schedule.
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders and senior management regarding progress, issues and plans for resolution.
- Develop and use project plans to coordinate participants and track and report progress.
- Operate with a high degree of autonomy and professionalism; successfully prioritize workload in accordance with business goals.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS/BA (Science/Engineering preferred).
- Minimum 7 years of related analytical and business experience working in a complex environment. Minimum 3 years Project Management experience, preferably in a drug discovery and development environment.
- Ability to strategically think across multiple groups and functions to identify key objectives, pinch points, and next steps.
- Is a top performer who can hit the ground running and can have immediate impact on our project.
- Ability to influence with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to consensus/alignment.
- Experience with project management tools and systems for clearly tracking/reporting business processes
- Ability to define problem statement clearly and accurately and apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify innovative and effective solutions, risk mitigation, and execution.
- Is direct and truthful and therefore widely trusted to deliver on promises, goals, and expectations.
- High tolerance for ambiguity, able to create order from chaos.
- Takes accountability for actions, drives results, learns from mistakes.
- Makes quality decisions and resolves problems rapidly.
- Ability to communicate effectively up and down, at all levels of the organization, teach and present complex and/or new ideas with clarity and simplicity.
- Excellent planning, organization, and prioritization skills with the ability to multi-task and adapt.
- Able to synthesize large amount of information.
- Able to deliver results despite shifting environment.