Project Manager III
44100 Osgood Road Fremont, CA 94539
San Jose, CA
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Strong Project Team Leadership in the execution of assigned projects.
- Track and report on budget performance of assigned projects to department manager.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant local building codes and relevant Disability Access requirements.
- Work with project contractors to development project task plans and Critical Systems Task Plans (CSTP) per department guidelines. Manage review and approval of these task plans.
- Provide Project Management oversight for assigned small to medium Facilities Construction/Improvement Projects.
- Hold regular Project Status Review Meetings to drive progress, schedule and budget conformance.
- Provide construction administration oversight of project contractors and sub-contractors.
- Provide engineering and technical expertise and work closely with the Facilities Engineering Team.
- Ensure all project activities are conducted in a safe manner and do not risk site
Functions of the Job
- Collaborate with EHS to assure regulatory compliance on all programs, projects and processes including review and approval of Critical System Task Plans.
- Leads cross-functional teams to develop project scope, budget and timelines. Supports effort to secure customer and management approvals of the project scope, budget and schedule.
- Provides regular project status updates to assigned project team members, department manager and project stakeholders.
- Provides timely notification to department manager of issues that impact the assigned project budgets and schedules.
- Ensure contractors leave construction sites clean and secured at the end of each workday.
- Collaborate with Companies Procurement on RFP development and selection of contractors.
- Provides regular observation of project construction in the field and ensures all assigned projects are executed per company policies, procedures and safety guidelines including proper use of PPE.
- Prepares and tracks budget performance for assigned projects.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in relevant engineering or related discipline, preferably with a facilities or project management accreditation.
- Minimum 10 years of direct related experience.
- Understanding of building related technology requirements and specifications.
- Proficient in understanding mechanical, electrical and architectural drawings. Knowledge of Auto CAD software a plus.
- Understanding of facilities project planning, construction and space planning.
- Proficiency with MS Project software preferred for project schedule tracking.