Project Manager II
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Project Manager II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Project Manager II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
- Project Deliverables – Ensure the project documentation is managed in a central location and up to date, create and maintain project plans, Issue/Risk logs etc.
- Partnership Management – Initiate and develop business relationships with key contacts at one of our key collaborators. Facilitate the process of working with partner-company including set up of meetings, documenting meeting notes, streamlining communications. Work with Procurement and Legal to setup and finalize contracts.
- Strategic Planning - Work with BOL and senior leaders to map out what types of projects to engage with partner-company.
- Communication Management – Communicate project status to project leads and BOL and create content for internal and external stakeholders.
- Financial Management – Track the actual spend on the project. Manage the process of receiving invoices, validating the vendor submissions. Update the project financial tracker with actuals data.
- Schedule Management – Create detailed project schedules and to track progress.
- Team Management - Help manage a cross functional team consisting of (Data Scientists/Procurement/Legal)
Summary of Qualifications:
- 8-10 years relevant experience in a global company supporting multi-disciplinary teams in a fast paced and highly collaborative environment – prior experience in innovation and/or biotech/pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Undergraduate degree in a related field; or equivalent years of experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently, without close supervision
- Ability to work in an agile, fast moving environment
- Employs a fit for purpose approach to activities
- Well organized and efficient, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate key challenges and proactively propose solutions
- Must demonstrate outstanding computer skills and specific proficiencies with the GSuite of applications
- Ability to use Smartsheets or other project management tool for tracking purpose
- Some domestic travel may be required.