Project Manager I
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Project Manager I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Project Manager I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Project Manager will be involved in multiple functions and support one or more projects simultaneously, as well as contributing as an individual on less complex efforts.
- Drive the planning, formation and execution of timelines.
- Facilitate project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making
- Facilitate resolution of issues relating to project schedules, priorities & team dynamics
- Communicate, document, and archive project team activities, action tracking and decisions.
- Partner with initiative leaders to ensure effective and timely completion of deliverables and to ensure the team achieves and maintains a high level of sustainable performance
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for streamlining team and business processes
- Supporting Business Managers in driving business initiatives within the functions
- Providing project management support to cross-functional teams, including goal setting, planning, facilitation, conflict resolution and team building
- Being a thought-partner for the Business Management group on business, organizational, and operational strategies and solutions
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum BS or BA degree (scientific or technical field preferred) plus project management experience
- 5 years’ experience in applying project management principles and processes
- Prior experience working in a scientific or technical environment
- Proficient with project management practices, tools, and methodology with specific experience in drug development a plus.
- Strong record of managing multiple stakeholders, & a desire to deliver service excellence
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with customers and key stakeholders, good conflict management skills.
- Ability to translate strategy into action with strong team facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written & oral
- Well organized and efficient, with strong attention to detail
- High degree of flexibility, adapting to the organization’ s priorities
- Results and detail-oriented; self-motivated
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to function effectively with limited direction
- Strong proficiency with standard office software (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint or equivalent)