1 DNA way
South San Francisco,
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16165
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Project Manager I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Project Manager I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assuming accountability for all project management aspects of the assigned global projects
- Having the ability to turn complex and ambiguous concepts into actionable plans for stakeholders
- Developing, maintaining and tracking project plans and budget for GPS PHC Diagnostics Strategy efforts to enable accurate reporting and decision-making across global levels
- Ensuring projects are planned and executed end-to-end in a timely, high quality and within budget manner
- Effectively communicating and engaging cross-functional stakeholders across varying organizational levels to develop a holistic view of key activities, milestones and interdependencies for highly complex and often ambiguous projects
- Identifying and managing the critical path of projects and key project risks, and proactively helping identify solutions to manage these
- Managing team-level and corporate processes effectively while being aware organizational transformations; using strong project and process knowledge to drive and adapt to meet team deliverables
- Working closely with PHC Dx Strategy leaders to optimize project and project team effectiveness, efficiencies, time and resource allocation
Summary of Qualifications:
- 5 or more years’ multidisciplinary experience in the pharmaceutical, diagnostic or related industry (with 3 or more years’ leading large global projects)
- Global experience managing projects in the pharmaceutical, diagnostic or related industry is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically when planning, managing teams, and managing processes
- Demonstrated strong project management to enable precise execution
- Experience building project management frameworks and plans for non-traditional projects
- Prior experience managing and facilitating projects that span functions (R&D, commercial, diagnostics and external partners) and geographies
- Skillful use of interpersonal skills and influence to accomplish work without formal authority and to ensure optimal team performance
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, which enable successful collaboration across the organization
- Comfortable interacting, influencing and presenting to senior managers
- A Bachelor’ s Degree required (Graduate Degree and certification in project management are preferred)