Project Manager (Staff Role - San Mateo or Camas)
1450 Fashion Island Blvd. San Mateo, CA 94404
Industry: Financial Services
Duration: Contract to Hire
Location: Camas, WA
Interview Process: Phone, Onsite
Our Company Bio: Founded in 2001, Bayside Solutions has been recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: we have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to independently manage a full range of software development projects, including larger and complex corporate or departmental projects and implementations. Duties also include coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Manage all phases of individual projects to ensure they are completed efficiently and meet the customer’ s requirements. Projects may be multi-year, multi-million dollar efforts involving the replacement of core business systems and involve process changes to multiple business units.
- Lead and motivate teams and ensure projects are delivered with a high degree of quality.
- Identify and manage potential risks or issues. Proactively develop contingency and mitigation plans.
- Utilize analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as project management and technical knowledge, to assess and resolve project-related obstacles.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to team members, internal customers, and Management
- Communicate difficult and sensitive information tactfully.
- Influence decision-making, obtain buy-in and negotiate resources, scope, and timelines with Project Sponsors, key stakeholders, and project team members.
- Work with impacted departments to identify needs and obtain project resources.
- Manage contract and consulting resources and ensure compliance with the project budget and Statement of Work.
- Analyze and assess project requirements and processes and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Bachelor’ s degree and 5+ years of project management experience required; or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Demonstrated experience leading collaborative project teams on technical projects of varying size and complexity
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management, project team members, internal clients, and consultants
- Strong ability to persuade at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities, and solve complex problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies and tools, and experience managing projects in both
- Ability to identify and provide solutions for improving current practices