Project Manager (Service Now PM - San Mateo or Camas)
San Mateo, CA 94404
Client: Financial Services
Location: San Mateo, CA
Position: Project Manager – ServiceNow Implementation
- Manage all phases of individual projects to ensure they are completed efficiently and meet the customer’ s requirements. Projects may be multi-year, multi-million dollar efforts involving the replacement of core business systems and involve process changes to multiple business units.
- Lead and motivate teams and ensure projects are delivered with a high degree of quality.
- Effectively manage the project scope, budget, and timeline. Evaluate the impact to the project if changes are made to these constraints.
- Identify and manage potential risks or issues. Proactively develop contingency and mitigation plans.
- Utilize analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as project management and technical knowledge, to assess and resolve project-related obstacles.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to project team members, internal customers, and the management team. Communicate difficult and sensitive information tactfully.
- Influence decision-making, obtain buy-in, and negotiate resources, scope, and timelines with Project Sponsors, key stakeholders, and project team members.
- Work with impacted departments to identify needs and obtain project resources.
- Manage contract and consulting resources and ensure compliance with the project budget and Statement of Work.
- Analyze and assess project requirements and processes and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Bachelor’ s degree and 5+ years of project management experience required; or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Demonstrated experience leading collaborative project teams on technical projects of varying size and complexity
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management, project team members, internal clients, and consultants
- Strong ability to persuade at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities, and solve complex problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies and tools, and experience managing projects in both
- Ability to identify and provide solutions for improving current practices