Project Manager, Facilities Automation
315 Bonair Siding Standford, CA 94305
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Project Manager, Facilities Automation to be part of our client’ s team. This is an opportunity to work with a private research university in the South Bay, California. This Client is known for its academic strength, wealth, proximity to Silicon Valley, and ranking as one of the world' s top-ten universities
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Job Title: Project Manager, Facilities Automation
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Ability to support campus legacy building automation systems and future building automation system deployments
- Scope, estimate, and manage the controls portion of small tenant improvement and facilities upgrade projects
- Serve as a subject matter expert for, and liaison with, capital project management teams for assigned projects
- Provide expert support for Control System Administrators as required
- Review and comment on capital project plans and equipment submittals
- Represent Facilities Automation team at multiple venues, including project meetings, customer meetings, vendor meetings, and industry conferences / events
- Develop Sequence of Operations (SOO) for internally implemented control projects, including upgrades and retrofits
- Create engineering drawings, diagrams, flow charts, and narratives to thoroughly document assigned project details
- Scope, estimate, and manage controls systems infrastructure upgrade projects, such as software updates, macro-level programming changes, and system enhancements
- Research, test, and vet new controls technologies and practices
- Utilize and help maintain building system information documentation and databases
- Updating controls related Facilities Design Guidelines (FDGs)
- Coordinate training sessions for Control System Administrators
- Coordinate User Interface training sessions for building operations and maintenance staff
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s degree and eight years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience. Engineering degree preferred.
- 8 or more years directly related experience developing, installing, and maintaining commercial building controls. Experience with laboratories and critical spaces preferred.
- Subject Matter Expert with Tridium Niagara.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial building HVAC processes and systems
- Ability to read mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and control systems drawings
- Ability to produce engineering and control system drawings in CAD software (i.e. Autocad, Visio)
- Familiarity with modern FDD systems
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 21> 40 pounds.
- - Consistent with its obligations under the law, we will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Exposed to high voltage electricity, noise > 80dB TWA, confined spaces, hot temperatures, heavy metals.
- Extended hours and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with our colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.