Project Financial Accountant
6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Project Financial Accountant to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Project Financial Accountant
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Project Financial Accountant is delegated the responsibility for monitoring and appraising the fiscal performance of a project in areas of cost, budgets, and generating the necessary reporting to ensure project management can take necessary corrective actions
- Supports the Project Controls Engineer(PCE) in managing the interface for Project Financial Accounting activities to the BIFI E&T Department
- Ensures transparent and consistent adherence to local financial accounting laws and principles, including tax and duties issues
- Coordinates installation of accounts in local accounting system and performs financial reviews on order requisitions and invoices
- Ensures adequate cost allocation to project accounts
- Provides actual cost data from accounting system
- Reconciles cost data of project cost ledger(s) and accounting system(s)
- Clarifies the filing and tracking of sub-contracts, purchase orders, payment applications, invoices, insurances, bonds, bank guarantees (where applicable) and temporary project assets
- Assists in implementation of project financial accounting procedures and systems, financial accounting training and workshops, including kick-off workshops for the project management team and contractors/vendors
- Supports the PCE in defining the project purchase order and invoice processing process, including roles & responsibilities and in executing the tasks of that process
- Align on project financial systems and requirements with local finance department and coordinates the setup of the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) using local accounting system coding
- Define roles and responsibility, process and cost coding with local departments when placing purchase orders and executing invoices
- Responsible for being the primary coordinator and manager for the issuance of Shopping Carts, Issuance of PO’ s, and Invoicing
- Reconcile and provide actual cost data from local accounting system. Ensuring all actual data figures are project related and coded accurately
- Administers change order, mobilization, and pre-authorization logs
- Assists to prepare the Project Completion Report and financial handover to local finance affiliates (Assets in Service)
- Assists PCE and PM in RFI & RFP process and competitive bid evaluation
- Generating graphical representations of budget contingency burndown and other key cost control metrics
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an industrial manufacturing or construction environment
- Knowledge of Business Administration or Finance & Accounting
- Experienced in project accounting, preferably with exposure to cost accounting in an industrial manufacturing and construction environment
- Proficiency in using MS-Office application (Advanced Excel Required)
- Interest or experience in detailed financial analysis, scenario planning, and forecasting
- Knowledge of SAP is an advantage
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively and interact with employees at all levels
- Independent self-starter that is excellent at managing their time and is stress resistant
- Must be able to work in a flexible, dynamic, and fast-paced environment