Project Engineer III
1000 New Horizons Way, VAC10 South San Francisco, CA 95688
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Project Engineer III to be part of our client’ s team in Vacaville. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Project Engineer III
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering and project management to capital and expense projects, including direction of other technical and contract personnel
- Participate in and/or lead engineering-related site or network improvement initiatives
- Provide engineering expertise and support to Technology, Manufacturing, Quality, and Facility Services on a variety of production equipment (including bioreactors, buffer prep and hold tanks, centrifuge, chromatography skids and columns, filtration equipment, CIP/SIP systems, parts washers, autoclaves, utilities and bulk freeze/thaw tanks).
- Provide technical and procedural guidance to junior engineers
- Identify, analyze, and design improvements and capabilities for facility, utility, process, and equipment systems.
- Develop and maintain engineering documentation such as PFDs, P&IDs, design drawings and specifications, technical bid evaluation, vendor print reviews, design review, and protocols (FAT, SAT, and IQ).
- Support development and review project documentation such as schedules, budget, URS, PEP, RFQs, Contractor Bid Packages, Statements of Work, and Credit Applications.
- Drive and manage planning and design phases including project initiation and conceptual/basic/detailed design depending on assignment.
- Drive and manage FAT, SAT, commissioning, and installation qualification.
- Support debug, operational and performance qualification, and handover to operations.
- Act as Project Management on small projects.
- Manage construction phases including contractors, construction supervision, Genentech business processes, change orders, punch-list, turnover, and closure.
- Provide process/mechanical engineering expertise to support investigations, DMS, CAPA’ s, audits, inspections, permits, and other technical requests.
- Collaborate with Global Engineering on major facility modifications, process expansions and new construction.
- Collaborate with peers in continuous improvement of technical infrastructure including standards, practices, specifications, procedures, and business processes.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering.
- 7+ years of GMP manufacturing experience
- Experience with Engineering, Process Lead, Project Management, Engineering Change Control and other work processes and documentation in a GMP environment.
- Highly self-motivated, has excellent organization and communication skills, and is able to work independently or part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must be able to function in a team environment, interacting with various functional groups, as well as in a self-managed environment
- Ability to communicate information accurately and concisely, both verbally and in writing, to a diverse audience, in particular Manufacturing, Quality, SHE, Engineering Services, Facility Services, and Corporate Engineering
- Ability to produce high quality and accurate work in a timely manner
- Ability to develop into project engineering/management with associate processes and documentation.