320 DNA Way
South San Francisco,
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15393
Bayside Solutions is seeking Project Coordinator II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Project Coordinator II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective tactical execution of projects. Provide comprehensive project management support to project teams.
- Ensure adherence to portfolio management processes.
- The position of Junior Project Manager will support multiple small to medium complexity teams and initiatives within the PTI organization (Pharma Global Technical Innovation and Technology), be based in SSF, and report to a senior project manager.
- The position will organize, coordinate and support a broad range of functional and cross Functional/global activities.
- The candidate will work closely with the PTI functions, manufacturing sites, and other relevant global, cross-functional, departments to ensure project execution and alignment with the portfolio management process and overall business model.
- This position will require tactical thinking, collaboration, communication, organization and facilitation abilities.
- Develop/improve/maintain team management tools and templates including common agendas, minutes, and action item tracking.
- Use operations excellence methodologies and capabilities, as applicable, to continue to drive towards an appropriate balance of functional and end-to-end business process managed activities.
- Collect stakeholder feedback through voice of the customer interviews or surveys.
- Project Management: Plan, schedule, and control project activities to fulfill objectives and satisfy project requirements and strategy.
- Develop and drive integrated project plans, aligning project tactics with project strategy.
- Coordinate and facilitate all associated project resources to gain alignment on project goals and deliverables.
- Manage projects within established scope and schedule.
- Facilitate and lead effective project meetings and workshops, support the development of resource planning estimates to manage project workload and productivity.
- Minimum 3+ years of effective project management experience preferably in pharma/biotech.
- Proficient knowledge and application of disciplined project management processes.
- Operational excellence or Lean experience a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and level of accuracy.
- Experience working in a cGMP environment preferred.
- Strong written / oral communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- High proficiency with the use of google suite and MS Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Sharepoint (or similar collaboration system), scripting experience a plus.
- Experience in Smartsheets preferred.
- Ability to identify issues requiring appropriate escalation.
- Proven ability to create strong working relationships with respect to cultural diversity and working styles.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, lead, and execute on a variety of assignments and action plans; demonstrated ability to drive for results and manage projects.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to changing environments.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to accommodate global project teams.
- Education BA/BS, preferably in science/engineering or business
- LANGUAGES: Fluent in English, German a plus
- TRAVEL: Flexible and ability to travel as required (< 10%)