Project Coordinator I
1 DNA Way, SSF01 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Project Coordinator I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Project Coordinator I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We are seeking a Project Coordinator with scientific training to join the Molecular Oncology Project Management group and be responsible for outsourcing pre-clinical in vivo efficacy studies and cellular assays in support of multiple projects in early research and late stage clinical development.
- This candidate will need to have practical experience in the design, execution and analysis of oncology based phenotypic assays, target validation studies, and in vivo xenograft studies.
- The job will entail acting as a liaison between research scientists and global Contract Research Organizations (CROs) to ensure the successful design and implementation of studies at the CRO.
- Other responsibilities will include: working with our Research Contracts, Finance and Legal departments to establish and maintain agreements, manage purchase orders, invoices, and track budget.
- The candidate will need to develop productive relationships with the international CROs and monitor quality and performance of the CROs.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS/MS in biological sciences with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in industry, or PhD in biological sciences with relevant research experience
- Must have background in biological sciences
- Practical experience in cell based viability/proliferation assays and target validation or PD biomarker studies
- Excellent communication skills including proven ability to communicate across cultures
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal researchers, CROs, and key stakeholders
- Ability to manage conflict and influence others
- Detail oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Agile mindset to adapt to constantly moving deadlines
- Desire to thrive and grow in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Project management experience or education would be a plus