781 Lincoln Avenue
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16308
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Project Controls Manager to be part of our client’ s team in San Rafael. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Project Controls Manager:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work with Project Managers and stakeholders to develop integrated master schedules for proposed budget projects and long-range planning projects using Oracle Primavera P6 scheduling software.
- Work with Project Managers and stakeholders to resource load schedules and develop resource demand projections.
- Work with Project Managers and stakeholders and coordinated with suppliers and contractors to identify long-lead items and expediting strategy. Track key and long lead items in schedules.
- Conduct schedule meetings to review project critical path activities, near critical path activities, schedule progress, 4-week look ahead, schedule constraints, assumptions and forecast.
- Conduct interactive planning sessions to develop and establish schedule baselines.
- Update and maintain project schedule progress.
- Verify alignment of P6 Milestones with corresponding OPPM records.
- Assess schedule deviations. Recorded scope changes and highlighted bottlenecks which could impact work progress.
- Conduct schedule analyses to highlight and communicate potential risks and opportunities and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Report on key events driving any schedule deviation from the baseline.
- Assist Strategic Planners in compiling reports and dashboards for key projects.
- Develop Project Risk Assessment(s) and conduct Primavera Risk Analysis (PRA) for Strategic projects for selected projects in portfolio.
- Track, forecast and report spend profiles for capital projects utilizing Oracle Primavera Portfolio Management (OPPM).
- Collaborate with Strategic Planners and Capital Project Managers to establish and regularly update project lifecycle milestone dates (planned, actual and forecast).
- Assist with capital plan reports to include current year & future project spend metrics.
- Assist Capital Business Management (CBM) with portfolio management analysis.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s Degree Required
- Oracle Primavera P6 and Oracle Project Portfolio Management (OPPM)
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience.
- Knowledge of project controls (cost & schedule management) methods and tools.
- Commercial management experience for all project phases: preconstruction, construction, commissioning & validation.
- Proven track record in developing cost estimates at both conceptual and detailed levels.
- Proficient in progress measurement / earned value techniques for project controls purposes.
- Experience developing integrated project schedules
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within project teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.