Programmer Analyst I
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Programmer Analyst I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Programmer Analyst I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The DevSci Informatics group is looking for a Natural Language Processing (NLP) Software Engineer.
- The incumbent will design and build pipelines for text/table mining the biomedical literature as well as internal study reports.
- Work with informatics colleagues to build NLP pipelines
- Develop data mining algorithms to find insights across diverse data types and sources
- Present key findings for internal meetings
Summary of Qualifications:
- Master' s degree in bioinformatics or computer science or related fields; OR bachelor' s degree in a life science field with at least 3 years’ experience working in a data scientist position
- Expert in Python, Java, Scala, or other JVM language
- Experience with PubMed or electronic medical record (EMR) data and with NLP tools (spaCy, Apache CTakes, Pubtator)
- Proficient with IR systems (Solr, Elasticsearch), SQL and NoSQL databases (Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, Dynamo, S3), and ORMs (Django, SQLAlchemy)
- Familiarity with AWS technologies (Batch, Lambda, S3, Dynamo)
- Familarity with Google BERT
- Able to work in teams and collaborate with others to solve challenging business problems
- Familiarity with LIMS systems, relational databases, and data visualization tools (e.g., Spotfire or Tableau) are desired