Programmer Analyst I
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Programmer Analyst I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Programmer Analyst I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
- Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work with scientific stakeholders to access, process, visualize, and analyze large volumes of diverse data
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to support development sciences business needs
- Develop data analysis solutions and communicate results/recommendations to scientists to meet significant business/scientific needs
- Assess and apply new machine learning/deep learning methods to specific problem domains
- Have passion for solving technical problems and applying new technologies to further scientific goals
- Collaborate with data management teams to ensure the right data is collected in the optimal format to support data analytics initiatives
- Work with scientists, research associates and clinical scientists, statisticians and database specialists across the company
- Present key findings for internal meetings
Summary of Qualifications:
- Advanced understanding of key machine learning/deep learning concepts and algorithms and demonstrated skills of applying them towards solving business problems
- Knowledge in using AI platforms, technologies, and techniques preferred (e.g. Tensor Flow, Apache MXnet, Theano, Keras, CNTK, scikit-learn, H2O, Spark MLlib, etc)
- Excellent people and written/verbal communication skills
- Able to work in teams and collaborate with others to solve challenging business problems
- Familiarity with LIMS systems, relational databases, and data visualization tools (e.g., Spotfire or Tableau) are desired
- Master' s degree in bioinformatics or computational biology or related fields; or bachelor' s degree in a life science field with at least three years experience working in a data scientist position