Programmer/Analyst (BI Developer)
2530 Arnold Drive Suite 300 Martinez, CA 94553
Client Industry: Healthcare
Location: Martinez, CA
Position: SQL Server Developer (Programmer / Analyst)
Terms: 6 months contract to hire
Interview process: SQL Developer online assessment, phone interview, onsite meeting
About us: Founded in 2001, Bayside Solutions has been recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
About the role: This is a contract to hire SQL Developer opportunity within the client’ s BI team where you will be responsible for creating clinical, financial, regulatory and operational reports, executive dashboards; data mining for enterprise decision support; as well provide data analytics support for the organization' s improvement initiatives using the Enterprise Data Warehouse built on Microsoft SQL Server 2016.
- Communicate with clinical and business users to collect and document data requirements
- Write advanced SQL queries, develop complex reports and data visualization dashboards using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or Qlik Sense and SQL Server 2016.
- Follow Agile Scrum development process and other team policies including utilizing JIRA, Team Foundation Server (TFS), and Visual Studio.
- Unit test own code and peer review code of other team members
- Minimum five years of experience in developing advanced optimized SQL Query using stored procedures, views, complex joins.
- Two years of experience developing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2008/2012. Two years of experience developing reports using Crystal Reports will be acceptable.
- Solid understanding of processes/procedures and workflow
- Candidates experience must reflect the following:
- No more than 1 assignment within the last two years that is less than 3 months in length
- No more than 3 assignments within the last five years that are less than 6 months in length
- Epic Clarity experience or certification in one of the following modules: EpicCare Inpatient, HIM, ADT, Cadence, ASAP, Radiant, Tapestry, EpicCare Ambulatory, OpTime
- Knowledge of statistical principles
- SSIS programming experience
- Military experience a plus