Process Scientist II
6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Process Scientist II to be part of our client’ s team in Fremont. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Process Scientist II:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Exploration of novel, cutting-edge technology for the innovation of monoclonal antibody purification development at both bench and pilot scales, including new technology evaluation, capacity determination (including DBC studies), and resin screening.
- This exploration will include participation in intensified purification processes including (but not limited to): affinity, cation exchange and anion exchange chromatography, and TFF.
- The position will call for familiarity with equipment capable of determining in-process performance parameters for purification.
- Such equipment will include AKTA FPLCs (AVANT, Pilot, 6MM), Unicorn software, Cedex Bio HT, turbidity meter, pH and conductivity probes, Vmax/Pmax equipment, Flow VPE, Solo VPE, and other UV meters, pumps, mixing devices, deltaV software, etc as required.
- Duties will also include buffer preparation for bench scale chromatography.
- Downstream purification process troubleshooting through both literature-based research and hands-on bench work to better understand current process shortcomings and sensitivities.
- This will require thorough knowledge of protein biochemistry and experience with in-depth literature review, TFF (as above), and affinity coupling and purification.
- Knowledge of Mass Spec is also a plus.
- The position will interface with cell culture personnel and analytical scientists to receive/provide samples, descriptions, and analyses.
- The position will be a fully integrated member of the scientific team, attending the core scientific team meetings.
- Growth in the scientific area of the job is expected and encouraged.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS in related major and 4+ years of relevant experience.
- MS in related major and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- PhD in related major and 0-1 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience with or in-depth practical knowledge of downstream purification of mAbs highly desired.
- Strong protein biochemistry and/or engineering skills ideally including experience.
- Experience with CHO cells is a plus.
- Experience with or strong theoretical understanding of downstream processing techniques such as chromatography, filtration, UFDF.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- GMP experience desired, will participate in GMP operations in an antibody production facility. Experience with perfusion a plus.