Process Scientist I
6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Process Scientist to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The day to day scientific duties of the position will be to aid in the execution of experiments with several types of perfusion bioreactors and associated purification operations.
- The position may also include analytical equipment capable of determining some performance parameters for mammalian cell culture.
- Such equipment may include a Nova Flex analyzer a Waters HPLC or UPLC with Empower software, Cedex cell counters, blood gas analyzers and others.
- The position will also use bioreactor control equipment such as Finesse or Aplikon.
- The position will also interface with analytical scientists to provide samples, descriptions and analyses.
- The position will also make up solutions and growth media for mammalian cell culture.
- Training for the routine use of these instruments would be provided.
- Downstream activities include the operation of Akta purification systems, solution preparation and pumping systems.
- Analytical such as UV/Vis spectroscopy and fluorescence will be required.
- The position will be a fully integrated member of the scientific team; attending the core scientific team meetings.
- Growth in the scientific area of the job is expected and encouraged.
- Bachelors Degree in a biological related science
- Experience using sterile fermentation techniques.
- Use of weighing scales, pipettes, mixers and other liquid handling instruments. Experience using Microsoft Office tools including: Word, Excel and preferably OneNote and Microsoft Project.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.