Process Scientist I/II
6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Process Scientist I/II to be part of our client’ s team in the Fremont area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Process Scientist I/II:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of analytical techniques in support of process development studies.
- Relevant techniques are UV/Vis, amino acid analysis by HPLC, affinity assays by HPLC, purity by capillary electrophoresis (CE or LabChip), size exclusion chromatography by HPLC and charge variants by cation exchange chromatography.
- Other potential techniques are immuno-based assays for binding and impurity analysis (ELISA, Octet, Biacore), as well as qPCR. Other duties include:
- Initiate and complete scientific experiments
- Independently execute test methods
- Analyze and critically review analytical data
- Present analytical results in a clear manner
- Perform basic troubleshooting for technical problems
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelors with 4+ years in protein analytics or Masters Degree with 2+ years’ experience in Chemistry, Biology, or a related field
- Hands-on experience in protein analytics, with experience in 1 or 2 of the above described analytical assays
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment