Process Scientist I/II
6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Process Scientist I/II to be part of our client’ s team in Fremont. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Process Scientist I/II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Process Science department.
- Qualified candidate will play a leading role in developing cell culture technology for continuous processing.
- Specifically the candidate will work on creative ways to intensify the conventional perfusion process, develop improved methods for gas transfer in these cultures, and identify bottlenecks in product filtration and come up with creative solutions to resolve them.
- Development and evaluation of new devices for perfusion culture systems will be an important part of the project.
- Candidate will routinely perform experiments in bioreactors and shake flasks, as well as supporting proof-of-concept experiment in large-scale single-use bioreactors.
- The successful candidate should be capable of independent research, applying creativity to solve technical challenges, creating innovative solutions, and pioneering new directions in order to achieve the overall objective of the project.
- The candidate is expected to be flexible and nimble in a fast pace environment, and adapt to new changes quickly while ensuring successful delivery of the goals.
- Perform hands-on experiments in shake flasks, benchtop bioreactors, and large-scale single-use bioreactors.
- Develop model systems to study gas transfer and product filtration in bioreactors for benchtop to pilot scale processes.
- Routine use and development of programs such as JMP, Spotfire, Excel macros for data analysis and modeling are required.
- Support some routine lab operation tasks such as equipment maintenance and lab housekeeping activities.
- Collaborate and work effectively in teams to meet the project timelines.
- Occasional weekend work determined by project and experiment demand.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Scientist I: B.S. degree with 2+ years or M.S. degree with 0+ years of experience in biochemical engineering, bioengineering, chemical engineering, or any related fields.
- Scientist II: B.S. degree with 4+ years, M.S. with 2+ years, or Ph.D. with up to 1 year of experience in biochemical engineering, bioengineering, chemical engineering, or any related fields.
- Fundamental understanding of biochemistry, cell biology, biotechnology, or chemical engineering.
- Hands on experience with aseptic techniques is a must.
- Microbial and/or mammalian cell culture lab experience, especially in perfusion mode, is strongly desired.
- Experience in design of experiments (DoE) and scale-up of fermentation processes, is strongly desired.
- Strong communication and organization skills, be able to multi-task and exhibit a strong sense of urgency in order to accomplish daily tasks.
- Highly self-motivated, be flexible and willing to learn.