Process Engineer III
1 DNA Way, SSF04 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Process Engineer III to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Process Engineer III
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Will provide representation and leadership for the in the delivery of large capital projects for manufacturing-related facilities.
- This is a significant position associated with the ultimate delivery of products and pipeline processes for a product portfolio.
- The qualified candidate will be versed in working with multi-discipline engineering capital project teams, as well as other project related cross-functional teams with representatives from multiple departments. As such, the accountable for process and equipment design, engineering document development, reviews and/or approvals through the project phases of planning, design, procurement, construction, commissioning, and equipment/system qualification for Good Manufacturing Procedures and development facilities.
- The focus will be on systems and equipment associated with bulk biochemical operations (e.g. fermentation, harvest, chromatography, ultra filtration, CIP/SIP). This position requires the successful candidate to coordinate and direct contract resources.
- Field supervision, equipment inspection and start-up, trade coordination, and training are also required.
- Success in these areas will depend upon the individual’ s ability to effectively lead, collaborate and communicate with team members, and manage project scope, budget and schedule as it relates to the process engineering discipline
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS/MS in Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 2 years bio/pharmaceutical process design and capital project execution experience with proven knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Procedures compliance.
- The position requires strong leadership, collaboration, communications, prioritization, and problem solving skills.
- Responsible for improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of the Corporate Process Engineering department by contributing to departmental infrastructure (guidelines, procedures, practices, standards) either through individual contribution, or leadership of a team (departmental or cross-functional).
- Will provide technical leadership and mentoring for other department members. This includes sharing insights and improvements with department members, as well as participating in design reviews.