Principle Engineer (1566)
2121 N. California Boulevard, Suite 400 Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Client Industry: Fin-tech
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Position: Principal Engineer
Terms: 6 -12 months contract
Interview process: code test; onsite interview
About us: Founded in 2001, Bayside Solutions has been recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
About the role:
We are seeking a Principal Engineer with a strong sense of ownership and passion for developing simple solutions to complex problems. You must possess a high regard for quality and your main mission is to ship exceptional product.
This is a high visibility, high impact role. In this role, you will build and enhance APIs and services, develop new product features, support client integrations, customer growth and strategic expansion of our product verticals.
- Drive the design, development and implementation of the clients technology platform
- Own key architectural decisions and design considerations
- Debug issues across multiple layers of the application stack
- Drive code quality through unit testing and advocate test-driven development methodologies
- Refactor and improve code quality, maintainability and scalability
- Evaluate the adoption of new tools and technologies
- Use data driven approach for all your technology selections and project recommendations, either through POCs or past experiences
- Lead projects and exert technical influence with team members, increase productivity and effectiveness by sharing domain knowledge and experience
- Take ownership of all tasks assigned to you and tasks assigned to engineers working on your projects
- 12+ years of software development experience in Java/Java EE.
- Extensive engineering experience and a proven track record in e-commerce, enterprise, high performance, large scale web technologies including cloud-based APIs and protocols (REST, JSON)
- Thought leader, hands-on contributor, and decision maker known for solving difficult software engineering problems
- Proficient in data structures, algorithms, design patterns and Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience with one of the major relational databases (MSSQL, Oracle, Postgres)
- Experience with one of the NoSQL databases (Couchbase, Mongo)
- Experience in Spring Framework.
- Experience with building software for AWS (using solutions like AWS Batch, Lambda) a major plus.
- Excellent Java and J2EE coding skills
- Experience with Linux and other Unix-like operating systems
- Excellent team player, analytical, strategic planning and interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and self-starter
- Experience with Kafka, Hadoop, NoSQL database is a plus
- BSCS or equivalent, MS preferred