Principal Software Engineer I
2841 Scott Boulevard Santa Clara, CA 95050
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Principal Software Engineer I to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Principal Software Engineer I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The client has created a new start-up business charged with building a modern software stack that will change the way patients are cared for. Our challenge is to bring together complex diagnostic and treatment data from medical devices and IT systems within a hospital and intelligently process and present this data to doctors and care-givers to improve patient care.
- We are looking for candidates with a deep understanding of modern SaaS architecture and experience across the full stack with a “ create tools not band-aids” DevOps mindset. If you would rather improve health outcomes for millions instead of helping sell ads on the Internet, this is the job for you!
- You' ll get to build a SaaS business from the ground up with the ability to influence the product and architecture and lots of opportunities for growth. Plus get to work side by side with a team of world-class doctors and researchers who want to impact global healthcare delivery.
- The Principal Software Engineer will be a key contributor in a team of 10+ engineers applying extensive knowledge of design principles and practices in the implementation of complex, enterprise-scale software systems.
- General responsibilities include design concept generation, participating in and leading design reviews, development and testing of the core software stack, and reliability testing.
- This is a senior role within engineering and an opportunity to influence the architecture and roadmap
- Software Development: This is a hands-on software development position to write high quality software that will perform at scale, be supportable, and be extensible.
- Process & Operations: Builds, maintains, and extends our DevOps toolset to ensure ongoing improvements to team productivity and product scalability; lead team members to design, plan and deliver high quality software
- Leadership: Mentor and develop the team on technical concepts; ensures a culture that values technical excellence together with support and compassion for individuals
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS degree or equivalent in a directly related discipline (CS, Eng, etc.)
- 8+ years’ experience
- Have successfully built, deployed, and supported an enterprise-scale web application in the cloud
- Ideally have full-stack experience, with expertise in at least one layer
- Hands-on software development experience in either Java or C++/C# with expertise in at least one
- Quick learner with the ability to understand complex workflows and develop and validate innovative solutions to solve difficult problems
- Experience in healthcare is not required, but familiarity with healthcare data and workflows is a plus (e.g. HL7, IHE)
- Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Research & Development, Research & Development > Devices, Systems and Solutions