30 Great Oaks Blvd
Job Number: 16096
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Principal Design Engineer/Manager - High Power Electronics to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose. This is an opportunity to work with a company that is a global leader in the manufacturing services industry. aids other companies in order to maximize efficiency within their manufacturing processes and design, build and take their products to market quickly, affordably and efficiently.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
Principal Design Engineer/Manager - High Power Electronics
The Principal Design Engineer for High Power Industrial Systems is an individual contributor who will provide technical leadership at our company. The ideal candidate has experience developing high power, Power Distribution Units, (PDU’ s) for Semiconductor and other Industrial tools. Will have a strong understanding of power distribution and controls related to an automated Industrial environment involving devices such as robotics, pneumatics, motors, sensors, heaters, or other devices used in these applications.
The qualified candidate will be able to convey technical solutions to engineers and business personnel; will have a good understanding of multiple CAD packages and cross functional design implications. The candidate is capable of being the lead engineer involving cross functional teams in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will be able to drive these teams in solving technical problems and overcoming hurdles that may affect project timelines and will have had previous experience of taking a project concept to a released product in a manufacturing production environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Electrical Engineering experience designing High Power Distribution Boxes, (PDU’ s) for the Semiconductor or other related Industrial Applications
- Experience designing Industrial tools and Automated systems
- Design systems to UL-508A, NFPA-79 and SEMI Standard.
- Design and build tools for Semiconductor, Solar and/or other Automated Industrial sectors
- Specific requirements as defined by the market sector for code compliance
- Lead project teams involving electrical, mechanical, software and reliability engineers
- Define technical tests leading to 3rd party compliance, (CE, UL Field labeling)
- Develop Equipment specifications based on product concepts to include FAT and SAT performance validation
- Define and design single line diagrams, bill of materials, I/O lists, schematics, panel layouts and the safety circuits required from the specific industries
- Lead performance analysis and modeling including thermal assessment, power flow and FMEA (failure Modes and Effects Analysis)
- Support Project management and communications to the executive management teams
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Master’ s degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university and & PhD are pluses
- A minimum of 11-12 years of related experience and/or training
- A minimum of 2 year’ s of experience as a Lead Engineer
- Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience