1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Portfolio Manager to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Define and implement strategies, operating models, processes and tracking systems for portfolio performance, budget, resources and inter-project/system/process interfaces.
- Develop and manage performance measures, analytics and data visualizations to generate evidence and business insights to enable operational efficiency, optimal decision-making and targeted communications to stakeholders.
- Partner with and advise senior management and governance bodies in PD to ensure
- transparent and informed decision making
- Define key performance indicators and provide business insights and analytics to enable operational efficiency and optimal decision-making.
- Establish and maintain the processes to support the senior management, governance bodies in PD and PD functions in continual improvement of performance and productivity through proactive data analysis (historical and forecasted, internal and industry).
- In collaboration with IT, Finance, PD functions and Project Teams, provide senior management and governance bodies in PD with business insights (project performance, project inter-dependencies, budget, resources) to enable the achievement of the business goals.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders within PD, IT and Finance to (a) leverage best working practices and ensure global standardization of processes and tracking systems/tools for project/resource forecasting and (b) define performance and efficiency measures.
- Provide strategic context to Project Teams (alignment to PD Strategy, project inter- dependencies) to (a) avoid misalignments among business improvement strategies and (b) help create greater efficiencies.
- Collaborate with senior management and governance bodies in PD, Project Teams and PD functions to determine reporting needs and expectations and develop and maintain appropriate reports and information visualization tools.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s degree in science, business, engineering, or a related field. Preferably an advanced degree and/or certification in a relevant area (e.g. MBA, PhD, MS).
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience, specifically in drug development and related business systems and processes.
- 3-4 years of experience in portfolio management, project performance analytics, resource planning/utilization, financial analysis/budgeting and process analytics.
- Superior expertise in transforming data into compelling insights.
- Exceptional analytical and data visualization skills using tools such as Tableau are a must.
- Evidence of strong strategic thinking, ability to manage complexity and proven communication skills at all levels in the organization
- Collaborative individual, able to influence without authority and engage senior leaders and functional partners proactively
- Demonstrates respect, collaboration, improvement and learning cycles, pride in ownership, focus on delivering value, and the ability to adapt to change
- High ability to work across multiple cultures and countries.