Plant Technician I
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Plant Technician I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Plant Technician I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- This job requires daily hands-on interaction with equipment and other teammates to complete the following tasks and deliverables:
- The team will be primarily be focused on the maintenance of bioreactor sensors and analytic equipment for the Cell Culture Pilot Plant and Development Lab areas (multiple labs and buildings). Test and verify that dissolved oxygen and pH probes are fully functional and available at all times for operations use. Responsibilities include the collection and shipment to our maintenance vendor, reception and documentation/labeling of dissolved oxygen probes. Collect pH probes for inspection, testing, documentation and replacement if necessary in order to maintain a constant state of available inventory for use.
- Maintain bioanalyzers (including Nova Biomedical and Roche Diagnostics) for operations use: Perform routine steps which may include running QC and calibration regimen, reagent/membrane/tubing change-out, general maintenance, equipment troubleshooting, and working with users and the vendor as needed such that units are maintained in a ready state for use.
- Other job responsibilities may include tasks to support the overall functioning of Pilot Plant and Lab work. Work schedule may include weekends or a weekend day as this team will provide 7-day /week support. This role is for a day shift position.
Summary of Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have a science background with AA/BA degree preferred, or relevant education and work experience.
- Strong written and verbal, communication skills.
- The ability to negotiate within and outside of internal and external departments.
- A proven track record of driving and implementing process and technical decisions.
- The ability to author procedures, to work with minimal supervision under dynamic conditions, and troubleshooting & problem-solving abilities are essential.
- The candidate must be an excellent team player, be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and be comfortable with hands-on troubleshooting.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and standing for long periods of time is a requirement.
- Ability to work with computer database systems.