1 Antibody Way
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15925
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Planner/Scheduler IV to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Planner Scheduler IV
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Project Managers to develop and maintain detailed resource loaded schedules of capital projects using MS Project. Evaluate schedule logic and float paths.
- Work with key project individuals to devise and execute action plans to rectify potential delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work.
- Work with project managers to identify the critical paths; assess impacts of critical path activities and provide scheduling guidance.
- Develop and maintain summary level schedule reports: Gantt, milestone charts, and other tools used to support critical path analysis, near-term tasks work, priority based resource allocations, performance variances, and to support cost/schedule integration.
- Gather and analyze information to support the project management team in the planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting of projects, including dashboard maintenance.
- Work in collaboration with project management team to drive consistency of the project scheduling approach to facilitate accuracy in project execution and reporting.
- Create templates for baseline and progress schedule for projects of various complexity and budgets.
- Proactively troubleshoot and monitor potential scheduling problems.
- Facilitate project scheduling meetings with Project Managers and the teams as required.
- Training of Project Engineers & Project Manager to learn, or increase skills in, project scheduling
- Partners proactively with key customers and stakeholders (Manufacturing, MTS, Automation, Engineering, Facilities, Quality and Validation) to develop schedules for capital projects that support business objectives.
- Influences and negotiates with project team members and project stakeholders to gain alignment and win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Support knowledge exchange within Project Delivery. Participate in lessons learned workshops during and after handover of projects and integrate relevant input from previous projects. At the completion of a project, develop and record the project’ s historical schedule information and lessons learned for future use.
- Drives and promotes a culture of project management excellence in the organization. Supports continuous improvement of project delivery practices.
- Ensures assigned training requirements are current.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s or equivalent degree/experience combination in construction and/or engineering
- Minimum of 6 years of scheduling experience using MS Project or other software (Primavera P3 or P6, Smartsheet, Planisware)
- AACE or PMI certificate in planning / scheduling preferred
- Subject matter expertise using MS Project to manage an integrated master schedule and the supporting detailed schedules
- Extremely proficient in MS Office, particularly MS excel
- Capable of producing from a blank sheet of paper a conceptual schedule from initiation through to final close out; identify major phases through that timeline and be able to discuss dependencies.
- Some general PM experience and estimating knowledge would be an advantage.
- Pharmaceutical/Biotech project experience, including commissioning, construction and qualification activities, is preferred. Experience with planning controls systems, Automation, GAMP, Emerson & Delta V would be a plus.
- Creative and innovative with assignments. Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in work style to better respond to multiple requests/tasks and handle sudden changes in priorities. Able to embrace and participate in change initiatives.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications.
- Strong technical leadership, collaboration, and sound business value based prioritization and problem solving skills. Excellent interpersonal, leadership and conflict resolution skills will be required, as the role works frequently in a resource challenged and schedule sensitive environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate ideas, goals, and results to various audiences.
- Fluent written and verbal English (proficiency in additional languages is a plus
- Work in standard office environment.
- May work in the clean room environment that requires gowning in the form of hospital scrubs, bunny suits, gloves and steel toe boots be worn. Also, no makeup or jewelry can be worn when working in the clean room environment.
- May work with hazardous materials and chemicals.