1 Antibody Way
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15925
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Cost Controls/Scheduler IV to be part of our client’ s team in Oceanside. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Cost Controls/Scheduler IV:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Sets up new Cost Logs based on the Credit Applications (CA) and the Work Breakdown Structure
- Tracks all projects in a standardized manner in order to monitor & control budgets and schedules. Create and maintain organized electronic project file systems for each project.
- Runs commitment & spend reports out of SAP to pull all of the latest commitments and spend and enters into the Cost Logs. Performs monthly reconciliation against Finance’ s spend report.
- Run monthly report for Expense (4368) & Capital (1240); review with Project Delivery manager.
- Maintain accurate project forecasts, accruals, and review the overall financials of projects for accuracy and resolve any discrepancies with the vendor, project manager, accounts payable, finance, and purchasing.
- Analyze variances in cost and schedule performance against project plans.
- Create and maintain master project lists, statuses, budgets, change orders, invoices, etc.
- Collaboration with project managers, engineers, team members, and vendors to communicate the project processes and to provide guidance for capital purchase request entries, budgeting, and coding requirements.
- Responsible for working with project managers to develop and update project controls plans and change management.
- Work with key project individuals to devise and execute action plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work.
- Ensures that the contractors’ project controls systems are capable of meeting company requirements and ensure that cost control techniques and tools are adequately and properly implemented.
- Proactively troubleshoot and monitor potential scheduling or cost problems to support a successful project outcome.
- Generate and distribute various financial status reports such as dashboards, cash flows, cost summaries, and performance metrics to meet company standards.
- Partners proactively with key customers and stakeholders and other groups/functions to meet project objectives, adhere to business processes impacting project planning/execution, and to implement business process changes.
- Ensure project cost control and inform others on funding requirements. Review commitments and expenditure for goods and services, including contractor, subcontractor, supplier, and consultant selection, as well as approval and control of any commitments charged to the project, including contracts, purchase orders, invoices, fees, travelling costs and expenses.
- Work closely with Project Managers to develop and maintain detailed schedules of capital projects using MS Project or SmartSheets. Evaluate schedule logic and float paths.
- Work with key project individuals to devise and execute action plans to rectify potential delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work.
- Work with project managers to identify the critical paths; assess impacts of critical path activities and provide scheduling guidance.
- Develop and maintain summary level schedule reports: Gantt, milestone charts, and other tools used to support critical path analysis, near-term tasks work, priority based resource allocations, performance variances, and to support cost/schedule integration.
- Gather and analyze information to support the project management team in the planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting of projects, including dashboard maintenance.
- Work in collaboration with project management team to drive consistency of the project scheduling approach to facilitate accuracy in project execution and reporting.
- Create templates for baseline and progress schedule for projects of various complexity and budgets.
- Facilitate project scheduling meetings with Project Managers and the teams as required.
- Train Project Engineers & Project Manager to learn, or increase skills in project scheduling.
- Influences and negotiates with project team members and project stakeholders to gain alignment and win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Support knowledge exchange within Project Delivery. Participate in lessons learned workshops during and after handover of projects and integrate relevant input from previous projects. At the completion of a project, develop and record the project’ s historical schedule information and lessons learned for future use.
- Drives and promotes a culture of project management excellence in the organization. Supports continuous improvement of project delivery practices.
- Ensures assigned training requirements are current.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s or equivalent degree/experience combination in construction and/or engineering
- Minimum of 6 years of scheduling experience using MS Project or other software (Primavera P3 or P6, Smartsheet)
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience successfully managing project controls
- SAP knowledge preferred
- AACE or PMI certificate in planning / scheduling preferred
- Subject matter expertise using MS Project to manage an integrated master schedule and the supporting detailed schedules
- Extremely proficient in MS Office, particularly MS excel
- Capable of producing from a blank sheet of paper a conceptual schedule from initiation through to final close out; identify major phases through that timeline and be able to discuss dependencies.
- Some general PM experience and estimating knowledge would be an advantage.
- Pharmaceutical/Biotech project experience, including commissioning, construction and qualification activities, is preferred. Experience with planning controls systems, Automation, GAMP, Emerson & Delta V would be a plus.
- Creative and innovative with assignments. Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in work style to better respond to multiple requests/tasks and handle sudden changes in priorities. Able to embrace and participate in change initiatives.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications.
- Strong technical leadership, collaboration, and sound business value based prioritization and problem solving skills. Excellent interpersonal, leadership and conflict resolution skills will be required, as the role works frequently in a resource challenged and schedule sensitive environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate ideas, goals, and results to various audiences.
- Fluent written and verbal English (proficiency in additional languages is a plus)
- Work in standard office environment.
- May work in the clean room environment that requires gowning in the form of hospital scrubs, bunny suits, gloves and steel toe boots be worn. Also, no make up or jewelry can be worn when working in the clean room environment.
- May work with hazardous materials and chemicals.