Pharmacology Associate II
1035 O'Brien Drive Menlo Park, CA 94025
Our client in Menlo Park is looking to have a Pharmacology Associate II join their growing team!
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Pharmacology Associate II
- An opportunity to significantly impart the future of the company’ s operations
- A competitive base salary
- On the job training, both in person/online
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Competent skills in laboratory animal science, work closely with the members of Preclinical Development to evaluate therapeutic candidates in animal models
- Demonstrate proficiency in all commonly utilized rodent biomethods
- Knowledge of laboratory animal health and welfare, as well as an understanding of Preclinical drug development processes, are essential
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 3-5 years experience executing Preclinical in vivo studies.
- Perform administrations via IP, IM, SC, IV, intravitreal and
- Experience with animal model development, preferably ocular disease models
- Ability to assist with the write-up of study protocols and reports
- subretinal routes
- Perform blood collection via submandibular, retro-orbital, and cardiocentesis routes
- Perform necropsy and tissue collection for Non-GLP preclinical studies
- Experience establishing, and maintaining, study sample inventories in a cross-functional team setting
- Experience establishing, and maintaining, a laboratory supply inventory system; setting up vendor accounts, placing and receiving orders, tracking usage and anticipating supply needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and GraphPad Prism
- Understanding of program timelines, with emphasis on specific deliverables
- Working knowledge of Gene Therapy, specifically AAV Vectors
- Experience with ocular disease models; performing regular ocular examinations and imaging utilizing slit lamp, fundus microscope, optical coherence tomography (OCT), and electroretinography (ERG) ophthalmic equipment
- Experience conducting tissue isolation, fixation, preparation of tissue sections, tissue staining including immunohistochemistry and ELISA-based assays
- Must be willing to travel between Menlo Park, CA and the offsite Vivarium, located in Mountain View, CA