Paint Prep Technician
2701 Orchard Pkwy San Jose, CA 95134
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Paint Prep Technician to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Paint Prep Technician
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area, in San Jose.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Inspect parts for defects prior to paint; segregate and report non-conforming material to lead.
- Mask and plug painted surfaces per drawing and/or specifications.
- Unmask parts.
- Inspect powder coated parts for defects.
- Segregate and report defective parts to lead.
- Clean and touch up powder coated parts.
- Filling voids/defects in part prior to paint.
- Sanding/grinding of parts prior to paint.
- Package parts for outside services.
- Experience performing detailed tasks hour after hour.
- Ability to read and interpret masking requirements from drawing.
- Good dexterity.
- Ability to remain focused on detailed tasks for long periods of time
- Extended periods of time standing or sitting.
- Use of Solvents and or paints.
- Most assigned tasks for this position may involve “ Light work”, however some may involve “ Medium Work” as defined below. The hiring authority may review the applicant’ s physical ability based on the specific tasks to be assigned:
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.