500 Forbes Blvd., SSF56
South San Francisco,
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16378
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Packaging Engineer to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and develop new materials and/or alternate packaging materials, packaging solutions or packaging systems based on product, regulatory, business or technical requirements.
- Develop and qualify global primary and secondary packaging solutions
- Qualification of global packaging solutions in line with the current valid requirements (e.g. Development of test protocols and reports, execute IQ, OQ, and PQ etc.)
- Maintenance of global packaging solutions (e.g. maintain global specifications, support change control records, provide impact assessments, execute requalification etc.)
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and test standards including, shock, drop and vibration testing, peel force testing, barrier analysis, CCI/sterile integrity, DIN, ISO, ISTA, USP, FDA, MHRA and ASTM standards for packaging design and validation
- Knowledge of packaging equipment, related to non-sterile and sterile packaging activities (e.g. vials, devices, aseptic form/fill/seal, heat sealing, bottle closures, etc.) and printing systems
- Knowledge on equipment IQ, OQ, and PQ and development of qualification protocols / reports for packaging and shipping qualification activities
- Working knowledge of computer systems including TOPS, CAD or Solidworks, and Microsoft tools including Adobe
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of industry best practices
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree, preferably with an engineering degree in packaging, materials science, or a related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in relevant field
- Proficient technical leadership, collaboration and communication skills