500 Forbes Blvd., SSF56 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Packaging Engineer to be part of our Client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a local Biotechnical company focusing on the discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization of medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website atwww.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- This position supports the establishment of a world-class packaging organization by providing technical expertise in the development and deployment of new packaging systems for pharmaceutical products.
- The selected candidate will work on a variety of packaging initiatives and will support global packaging development in establishing packaging systems for clinical and commercial use?
- Evaluate and develop new materials and/or alternate packaging materials, packaging solutions or packaging systems based on product, regulatory, business or technical requirements.
- Develop and qualify global primary, secondary and tertiary packaging solutions
- Qualification of global packaging solutions in line with the current valid requirements (e.g. Development of test protocols and reports, execute IQ, OQ, and PQ etc.)
- Maintenance of global packaging solutions (e.g. maintain global specifications, support change control records, provide impact assessments, execute requalification etc.)
- Bachelor degree, preferably with an engineering degree in packaging, materials science, or a related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in relevant field
- Proficient technical leadership, collaboration and communication skills
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and test standards including, shock, drop and vibration testing, peel force testing, barrier analysis, CCI/sterile integrity, DIN, ISO, ISTA, USP, FDA, MHRA and ASTM standards for packaging design and validation
- Knowledge of packaging equipment, related to non-sterile and sterile packaging activities (e.g. vials, devices, aseptic form/fill/seal, heat sealing, bottle closures, etc.) and printing systems
- Knowledge on equipment IQ, OQ, and PQ and development of qualification protocols/ reports for packaging and shipping qualification activities
- Working knowledge of computer systems including TOPS, CAD or Solidworks, and Microsoft tools including MS project, and Adobe
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including MS Project
- Knowledge of industry best practices