Packaging Development Coordinator
300 Bel Marin Keys Blvd. Novato, CA 94949
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Packaging Development Coordinator to be part of our client’ s team in Novato. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Packaging Development Coordinator
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Packaging Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Packaging Development team to ensure that all project tasks are met.
- The Packaging Development Coordinator will be the secondary contact to various projects within the Packaging Development group. He/She will provide support on the development of specifications, work procedures, SOPs, protocols, reports, change controls, purchase orders, and/or various documents to support the implementation of new packaging components. He/She will also serve as a secondary contact to various vendor(s).
- The Packaging Development group is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills to quickly learn group procedures and will be able to make appropriate decisions. He/She will be fully trained within the group and will be expected to perform activities independently at a progressed time.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelors Required
- Provide Packaging Engineering support for the development and launch of new products.
- Perform tasks as the secondary contact to various packaging and labeling vendor(s) to ensure projects and/or orders remain on target for timeline
- Lead group meetings
- Communicate weekly agenda items and capture discussions in minutes
- Coordinate and collate business presentations and specific reports as required for key business meetings.
- Participates in group meetings on related topic(s)
- Facilitate creation and approval of SOPs, work procedures, change controls, packaging specifications, package design testing protocols and reports, and other technical documentation as required.
- Create and run CMO metrics report and other reports that summarize PE work in various systems.
- Ensure personal understanding of all quality policy/BioMarin system items that are per training curriculums.
- Facilitate the on-boarding of new packaging suppliers as needed. Justify, arrange qualification, coordinates audit as required, and implement with Compliance, Purchasing, and Legal groups.
- Request requisitions and POs in ERP system.
- Check and monitor purchase orders for sufficient funds to cover invoices received.
- Coordinate vendor on-site meetings
- Plan and coordinate team forums, training events & team building events/ functions
- Be proactive and collaborative in troubleshooting and resolving issues that could impact projects or processes within Packaging Development.
- Provide support and guidance to colleagues on systems and ad-hoc queries.
- Act as Knowledge Manager or Superuser for Packaging Development group.
- Other duties as assigned.