PV Clinical Associate
350 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a PV Clinical Associate to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
PV Clinical Associate
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Clinical Associate performs the tactical and operational job responsibilities, including but not limited to the collection, clinical review, evaluation, and processing of adverse event (AE) information received by US Drug Safety. The PV Clinical Associate leads clinical review of USDS cases (processed in-house or externally by the vendor) and supports the US Drug Safety PV Clinical Manager - Associate in all activities. All responsibilities are performed under the direction of the PV Clinical Manager- Associate
- Completes drug safety monitoring and tracking in a timely, thorough and accurate manner in accordance with pharmacovigilance (PV) and related standards, regulations and client’ s Standard Operating Procedures(SOPs)
- Reviews, evaluates, and verifies potential AE information during Preliminary Assessment (PA) to determine required action per internal policies and procedures and perform data entry of adverse event by timely completion of the case via client global safety database. Performs seriousness / validity/causality and conducts quality review of all cases (as applicable) based on their medical assessment
- Performs labeling assessment for AE(s) received using clinical knowledge and conducted follow up for all reported cases (as applicable)
- Responsible for Clinical Review of cases processed in-house and by vendors
- Understands case processing data to evaluate error rates and potential compliance impact
- Performs trend analysis of vendor case processing issues and escalates to vendor and USDS management
- Responsible for developing executive summary on the quality trends observed on a quarterly basis
- Responsible for training internal USDS and/or vendors staff or team in collaboration with SP PV oversight based on trend analysis
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate data correction in the safety database for identified issues or errors
- Responsible for maintaining follow-up templates, ensuring successful transmission of all follow-up attempts performed by PV Clinical Associate/Vendor staff via the communication module
- Accountable for training internal and external staff members on using communication module
- Performs daily reconciliation of outgoing communications
- Responsible for review of investigational new drug safety reports (INDSR) and submission to FDA (as applicable)
- Responsible for negotiation and implementation of pharmacovigilance agreements (PVA) with business partners
- Supports PV Clinical Specialists in tasks and projects as needed
- Responsible for identifying and developing training documents (i.e., SOPs) for the targeted audience (as needed)
- Assists in AE reconciliation activities and/or Case Transmission Verification (CTV) (as applicable)
- Acts as single point of contact with key stakeholders for safety-related activities, identifies potential business gaps and assists in the development and implementation of process solutions, and leads projects as assigned and under the direction of the US Drug Safety management
- Responsible for the preparation and development of Drug Safety presentations and participates in the education offer internal /external stakeholders as applicable
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for safety-related activities within Global Safety Database per client SOPs
- Provide support during audits and inspections
- Collaborates with PV Operations and SP PV Oversight teams as needed
Summary of Qualifications:
- Health Care Professional degree (Required)
- Minimum 0-2 years of clinical experience (Required)
- Writing experience; science/medical writing (Required)
- Computer proficiency (Required)
- Data entry experience (Preferred)
- Able to travel as per business needs
- Demonstrates capability to comprehend medical information
- Demonstrates ownership, initiative and accountability
- Sound decision-making abilities as demonstrated by systematic gathering of information, appropriately assessing the complexity of issues, and prioritization of tasks in a timely manner within the scope of responsibility
- Demonstrates strong, dynamic leadership skills
- Works well independent or within teams and is effective in collaborating with others internally and externally
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities and skills. Has demonstrated the ability to anticipate and solve problems and effectively make decisions of moderate complexity and scope e.g., evaluate, interpret and present highly complex data
- Communication and presentation skills; highly effective at summarizing and presenting key considerations and decision-points
- Ability to flex and thrive in an agile and fast-changing environment
- Strong attention-to-detail